Sunday, October 7, 2012

Summary of Concluding the Introduction to K-12 Online Learning Research MOOC

This weeks topic discussed the fact that there is not a lot of empirical research available for online learning environments. I feel that even though online learning has been around for a couple of decades, it is just now beginning to come into its own. It has recently started to gain creditability in education. I think that you will soon see more and more research surface that will help with this creditability. I like how the potential benefits and challenges were laid out in this weeks material. The article that I read, showed that students did just as well or better than the traditional face to face class even though the attitudes regarding the new experience wasn't as good. Overall, this MOOC experience has been eye opening for me. I have enjoyed learning about the history and direction of this type of learning environment. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment