Saturday, September 29, 2012

Research into the Teaching of K-12 Online Learning

Week 3 of the Virtual School MOOC reviewed the research into the teaching of K-12 online learning. I had a hard time choosing which two resources to include in my blog. As I went through several of these, I did find the two that stuck out for me personally. First, I found that the Georgia Virtual School Teacher Education Research and Trends by Dr. Joe Cozart impressed me. The one thing that stood out was that educators can hold the students more accountable. They can see exactly how much time they are spending on the lessons. The correlations with how many discussion responses to the success in the class as it relates to grades. I feel that you can't sit in a class online and not participate. In the classroom, a student can hide in the back and not participate. The other resource that stood out to me was the North Carolina Virtual Public Schools: Transitioning from face-to-face to online instruction by Janice Silver. The three videos are very powerful. Absolutely nobody could watch these videos and not understand that we have to change the way we plan the lessons for our curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment